IT'S LIKE PRINTING MONEY!

~ ~ ~   IT'S LIKE PRINTING MONEY!   ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Turkey & Black Bean Burritos

1 Tbsp Canola Oil
1 lb ground Turkey Breast
1 c canned Black Beans rinsed and drained
1 c finely chopped Red Pepper (I used Yellow because that's what I had on hand.  It was sooo good!)
1/2 c finely chopped Red Onion
1/4 c BBQ Sauce  (I know it does not sound right BUT it IS)
4 tsp fresh Lime Juice (I had the one in the bottle and it was fine)
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Ground Cumin
Salt as needed (I omitted)
4 (12-in) Whole Wheat flour tortillas (Ok...Again I used what was on hand and we had flour)
1 c Mixed Greens
1/2 c Low-Fat Cheddar Cheese (I used regular Cheddar Cheese)

In a skillet, heat oil on med. until hot.  Add turkey, onion, pepper and cook till turkey is done.  Add BBQ sauce, lime juice, chili powder, cumin and salt to taste (1/4)  Cook 5-7 min.

To serve place turkey mixture in a tortilla top with greens and cheese.  Serve with hot sauce.
This is not you regular taco but is has a little hint of sweetness to it.  These Turkey & Black Bean Burritos was a hit at my house.  Hope you try it out and leave me a comment of what you think.  Enjoy!  =)
Pics to come

No comments:

Post a Comment