IT'S LIKE PRINTING MONEY!

~ ~ ~   IT'S LIKE PRINTING MONEY!   ~ ~ ~

Friday, August 19, 2011

Turkey Pot Pie

~adapted from Pillsbury
Ingredients:
1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
Filling:
1/3 c butter or margarine
1/3 c chopped onion
1/3 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 can (14oz) chicken broth (I boiled my chicken and used the broth)
1/2 c milk (I used evaporated milk)
2 1/2 c shredded cooded trukey (I boiled my chicken and used that instead)
2 c Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers frozen mixed veggies. thawed (I used 1/2 c each of corn, peas, and carrots out of a can)

Just a side note: When I boil my chicken I use about 3/4 TBS.garlic powder, 1tsp.season salt, 1/4pepper.

1. Heat oven to 425*. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie, using 9-inch glass pie plate.
2. In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over med. heat. Add onion; cook 2 min., stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
3. Stir in trukey and mixed veggies. Remove from heat. Spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
4. Bake 30-40 min. or until crust is golden brown. During last 15-20 min. of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.  Let stand 5 min. before serving.
Next time I will make 2 of these.  It was that good!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment